Syfe is one of the fastest-growing digital investment platforms in Singapore. We build personalized, diversified portfolios using proprietary algorithms and state-of-the-art technology. Our mission is to enable sophisticated investing at a low cost.
In July 2021, we closed a S$40 million Series B funding round led by Valar Ventures , just 9 months after raising Series A. Our existing investors followed on their original investment in a short time frame, which speaks volumes about our rapid growth and our future ahead. Moving forward, we will accelerate our expansion across geographies, launch new products and grow our team.
The Syfe team consists of industry experts from finance, e-commerce, and technology. We come from startups as well as large corporations. Excellence in execution is in our DNA. We aim to become Asia’s largest Digital Wealth Manager by leveraging technology to provide a superior investing experience for our customers.
Syfe was named Best Digital Advisory Solution at DigFin Group Innovation 2021. Find out more about us at www.syfe.com
Who are we:
While we are a diverse set of people, we value the following core traits:
- Fast learning: We often require learning new tools and technologies. We believe in adopting them if they are particularly well suited for our problems, instead of limiting ourselves to what we already know. However, we are always short of time and therefore have to learn fast.
- Versatility: While each one of us has a core skill, we possess at least one secondary skill as well. Apart from allowing the team to be fluid, it also helps us understand how all pieces (frontend, database, network, servers, etc.) fit together.
- Madness about quality: Put together, individual lines of code should be robust, scalable, high-performance, fault-tolerant, and most importantly, beautiful software. We also stay up-to-date with the latest in the world of software to make ourselves better.
- Passion: To try out new ideas and iterate on existing product features, and love experimenting with new technology if it's right for the job. Because not only do we ride the cutting edge, we make it happen.
- Collaboration: We believe that engineering is a continuous process of learning and improvement and that the best way to learn is by getting help from your fellow engineers. Coding is more fun when you do it together and appreciate the feedback.
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to lead a team of exceptional engineers and drive a culture of Engineering Excellence. As an Engineering leader you'll be responsible for building high performing teams and contribute to the overall success of Syfe's products by driving technology and best practices in engineering. You'll be responsible for setting up the vision for your team and ensure your team is aligned and executes the vision flawlessly.
- Build and lead a high performing cross functional teams.
- Routinely identify and fix bottlenecks in Software Delivery process to ensure team delivers at high velocity.
- Lead and manage an engineering function to support productive development and quality of life for the development team.
- Build, guide and grow technical competence for your function as necessary via training and hiring.
- Driving initiatives for Engineering excellence within the function and sharing the knowledge with other functions.
- 10+ years of professional experience with 3+ years experience in managing Software development teams.
- Experience in building large scale distributed systems.
- Ability to debug complex issues caused by processes, people or systems.
- Learning mindset and an attitude to drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain complex technical ideas to non technical stakeholders.
The Syfe Advantages:
- Annual learning allowance for work related online courses and book
- Annual recreational allowance
- Allowance for home-office setup
- Latest M1 Macbook Pro + as required hardware and software
- Best of all, our specialty is helping people manage their money. We will help you learn how to manage your own money like a pro
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying